Webseite Kinderstube German Immersion Preschool
Early Childhood Teacher / Assistant Teacher for Kinderstube German Immersion Preschool
The Germanic-American Institute is currently hiring a Teacher / Assistant Teacher for the KINDERSTUBE GERMAN IMMERSION PRESCHOOL to work at our Minneapolis or St Paul location.
Our preschool program provides an early childhood education to young children in a German speaking environment. We operate Mondays through Fridays from 7:30AM – 4:30PM. You can find more info about our preschool at www.kinderstubepreschool.org.
● Teacher / Assistant Teacher should be near native fluency or fluent German speaker and have experience working with young children, preferably ages 3-5 years old.
● Post high school education required. Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development is a plus.
● Create a safe, nurturing, child-centered environment.
● Follow MN State preschool licensing regulations and Kinderstube policies regarding children’s health, safety, behavior, and learning progress.
● Assist lead teachers with daily activities. Daily activities may include frequent bending, lifting of up to 40lbs, playing and sitting on the floor or small chairs.
● Assist in the implementation of a weekly thematic curriculum to meet the Kinderstube educational and developmental objectives.
● Communicate in a professional demeanor with parents regarding child’s activities, behavior, social interactions, and any health or other concerns on a daily matter.
● Assist with daily cleaning, snack preparations, student attendance and transition times.
● Ensure that daily classroom order and cleanliness is maintained and a pleasant and welcoming environment is provided.
● Complete required number of yearly in service hours; incl. CPR and First Aid training.
● Attend occasional extra curricular activities, such as family events, holiday performances, staff meetings, and occasional events at the Germanic American Institute.
The ideal candidate possesses a positive attitude, a caring personality, a genuine love for children, is flexible and dependable, a great team player, eager to learn new things, willing to work hard, loves to have fun and can lose him/herself in child’s play.
$15.00 -16.00/hr (depending on experience)
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter (please refer to the Verzeichnis Deutscher Kindergärten im Ausland within the cover letter) to Babett Larimer at email@example.com. Please write
“Assistant teacher position” in your subject line. Please do not apply if you can not speak German.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, senden Sie Ihre Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org