Webseite Alto International School
Preschool Assistant Teacher (Language of Instruction: German)
Alto International School, founded in 1988, is an IB World School from preschool to high school offering Primary Years Program, Middle Years Program, and the IB Diploma Program. Alto is located in Menlo Park, California, just 25 miles south of San Francisco and next to Palo Alto, home of Stanford University. Alto provides an international education in the heart of Silicon Valley with companies such as Facebook and Google just a few miles away.
Alto’s mission is to provide an outstanding international, multilingual education focused on inquiry-based learning with the goal to foster confident, creative and responsible learners and global thinkers. Alto is accredited by the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
The preschool is looking for a teacher’s assistant to join a classroom in the preschool, as well to support the after-school care team.
– Native German speaker, fluent in English
– Required units in Early Childhood Education (at least 6), teaching qualifications or ‘Deutsche Erzieherausbildung’, preferred
– Classroom experience with children ages 2.5 – 5
Desired Abilities and Profile:
– Commitment to teamwork and collaborative planning
– Experience using a range of teaching strategies
– Experience implementing engaging and creative activities planned by the teacher
– Supporting the classroom teacher with all aspects of the program
– Monitoring children’s development
– Enthusiasm working with children
– Self-motivated and open-minded
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Professional attitude and approach
The contractual hours are 8:15 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday to Friday, plus staff meetings and some special events. Also, it would be desirable if the candidate would be available two days per week to work in the after-school program from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. The exact work schedule is subject to discussion.
Applications & Questions:
To learn more about working at Alto, please visit our website: AltoSchool.org. To submit your application, please send your resume and cover letter (please refer to the Verzeichnis Deutscher Kindergärten im Ausland within this letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email us, should you have any questions.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, senden Sie Ihre Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com