Webseite Kindergarten der Alto International School
Preschool Assistant Teacher/Substitute (2018-19 School Year)
School Overview Alto International School, founded in 1988, is an IB World School from preschool to high school offering Primary Years Program, Middle Years Program, and the IB Diploma Program. Alto is located in Menlo Park, California, just 25 miles south of San Francisco and next to Palo Alto, home of Stanford University. Alto provides an international education in the heart of Silicon Valley with companies such as Facebook and Google just a few miles away.
Alto’s mission is to provide an outstanding international, multilingual education focused on inquiry-based learning with the goal to foster confident, creative and responsible learners, and global thinkers. Alto is accredited by the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Position Overview The preschool has an immediate opening for a Preschool Assistant Teacher.
• Native German speaker preferred, fluent in English
• Required units in Early Childhood Education (at least 6; 12 and up preferred)
• Experience in a preschool setting with children ages 2.5 – 5 for at least one year
• Be eligible to work in U.S.
• Must pass a background check
• Have current TB and Health report.
• Be able to lift 40 lbs
Desired Abilities and Profile:
• Commitment to teamwork and collaborative planning
• Experience using a range of teaching strategies
• Experience implementing engaging and creative activities planned by the teacher
• Supporting the classroom teacher with all aspects of the program
• Enthusiasm working with children
• Self-motivated and open-minded
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional attitude and approach
• The contractual hours are Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 8:15 a.m. to 2 p.m., Tuesday/Thursday: 10:00 – 4:00 p.m., plus staff meetings
• Opportunities for additional hours available
To submit your application, please send your resume and cover letter (please refer to the Verzeichnis Deutscher Kindergärten im Ausland within this letter) to email@example.com. To learn more about working at Alto, please visit our website: AltoSchool.org. Please email us, should you have any questions.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, senden Sie Ihre Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org