Webseite Kindergarten der German International School Boston
German International School Boston is a bilingual independent school serving students aged 2.9 to grade 12. Learning at GISB is a multilingual, multicultural experience; graduates earn both a U.S. highschool diploma and a German international Abitur. GISB is an equal opportunity employer, providing generous benefits and a collegial,international work environment to a dedicated faculty and staff. For more information please visit www.gisbos.org.
Temporary (August 1, 2020-February 26, 2021)
The Preschool Teacher, in tandem with a colleague, works with a group of 12 students (ages 2.9–5) in promoting and supporting acquisition of the German language and the social and emotional development of each individual child in an age-appropriate manner. This is a temporary, full-time position beginning August 1, 2020 through February 26, 2021. There is potential to extend beyond February.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Design and lead activities to promote physical, mental and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
● Teach skills such as color, shape, math and language readiness, personal hygiene, metacognitivestrategies.
● Establish a safe and respectful classroom culture and daily routines.
● Creatively use a variety of materials and resources to encourage children to explore both in learning activities and imaginative play.
● Work with a team to create long-term curriculum goals and aligned weekly lessons.
● Document children’s progress through portfolio work, regular parent/teacher conferences and detailed year-end reports as well as regular informal family communication.
● Participate in faculty meetings, the strategic development meetings for the early education program at GISB, and classroom observation/professional development partnerships.
WHO YOU ARE
The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for teaching young children within an international, student-centered community. GISB’s faculty members are innovative, flexible, curious and able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
● Excellent German and English language skills; native German-speaking ability preferred.
● A B.A. in Early Childhood or Elementary Education, or related degree.
● At least 2 years of classroom experience.
Classification: Exempt, full-time
Salary Grade: Competitive
Reports to: Dean of Lower Campus
Start Date: August 1, 2020
Contact: Please direct your application to Lauren Sallis, Dean of Lower Campus at firstname.lastname@example.org (Please refer to the Verzeichnis Deutscher Kindergärten within your presentation letter).
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E‑Mail an email@example.com